Thursday, April 22, 2010

Privacy Part #2

This autistic boy is an example of exploitation not censorship by Google; and he and his family are victims, and by the very nature of him being bullied-humiliated by other teenagers shows me a lack of sensitivity of a generation that does not know how to socialize properly because all they do is text, email, and play on their computer's in class (and I see them doing this in each and every course at UMD).  I ask myself why do they even bother coming to the course if all they are doing is text messaging or surfing the web?  I am really afraid for the Y-generation and whatever the younger generation is called after that because I see so many young people that are obese and already have cornary-heart disease at my work.  Many of the teenagers I see in my job have very little social skills but when they get on their electronic gadgets they type faster than me at 79 words per minute; and this is scary!  Speaking for myself I do not beleive that there will ever be a way to stop anyone from getting information about any person they wish to find out about; and if I were to quit using the internet today it would be too late because my information is on the digital highway forever.  I hope that the Y Generation and the younger children will fight to protect their rights of privacy and I hope some become lawyers specializing in internet law.  Because we need now lawmakers to write new laws on protecting privacy issues for all individuals that use the internet!  I think that our youth of today and tomorrow will care as they reach their mid twenties and find out how the lack of privacy can hurt them!

No comments:

Post a Comment