Monday, March 22, 2010

Digital Convergence Part 2

I have "Apples iPhone" and; I can market my company by keeping track of orders, scan products that I sell at trade shows, availability of my inventory, emails, and fax purchase orders all from my iPhone.  Another product innovation that is in the prototype by "Otellini is Push 2 TV, adapter developed by Netgear that uses Intel's Wireless Display technology to wirelessly connect laptops with TVs so users can watch high-definition videos and other content"(http://www.macworld.com/article/145480/2010/01/otellini_ces.html).  This new device will also help movie and some music videos from being pirated off the internet because the Push 2 TV adapter has a chip installed to protect from copyright infringement on some of the discs that the entertainment industry has in place (http://www.macworld.com/article/145480/2010/01/otellini_ces.html).  I have a online subscription to the "Washington Post Newspaper" online in which enables me to find out more political information than CNN can provide me with on cable television.  I believe that the internet has really helped save most of the large newspapers outlets, but unfortunately, not the small home-town newspapers.  Consumers all over the world with the use of the technology with Digital Convergence can use one device to conduct what ever behavioral activities they chose to do; and this helps all niches of online and offline organizational entities (Red Cross, Unicef, Borders Books, Amazon.com, and even online college education), to help all economies of the globe to connect to each other and this is part of the horizontal line of the "Long Tail," of democracy.

1 comment:

  1. It is true that these devices help so many people in so many different ways, targeting their niche need. I never considered that the Washington Post can provide more information than CNN, considering the latter is my primary source of news information. I'll have to check it out someday.

    ReplyDelete